SBI Online Personal Banking Login (Step-by-step) Process
- 1 SBI Online Personal Banking Login (Step-by-step) Process
- 2 Let’s begin with the SBI online personal banking login procedure.
With the progressing times, humanity has progressed a lot with technology. Be it in the field of medicine, automation or lifestyle: technology finds its use everywhere. However, one field that as we know it today would be impossible to exist is the finance industry. Computers and a number of various other devices and gadgets can be found involved in the finance industry and their involvement is a major one. In fact, it would not be wrong to say that that entire finance industry around the globe is dependent on computers for their functioning. The Wall Street and all other stock exchanges around the globe are able to function, thanks to the supercomputers that can carry out millions of commands and transfer money from one corner of the world to the other is a matter of seconds.
Not only globally but technology has also made financial dealings and banking much easier on a personal level. You no longer need to stand in long queues in banks to deposit, withdraw or transfer money. You can do all that through an ATM and a computer and an internet connection. Not only that, paying money to various merchants can also be done through your home.
To do all this, however, you need to have online banking activated. Now many of you might already be familiar with online banking but for those of you who are not, we have put together a tutorial that will guide you on how to activate SBI online personal banking login. But before we start with the actual process, here are a few safety tips to keep in mind:
- Never share your card details with anyone.
- Try and avoid shared computers when using the online SBI banking service.
- Do not ever save passwords for your online SBI banking account.
Let’s begin with the SBI online personal banking login procedure.
How to activate SBI online banking?
- To begin with, you have to first activate internet banking on your card. In order to do that, you have to fill out a form. The form can be obtained from your nearest SBI branch or can be downloaded from SBI’s official website.
- After you have filled out the form, fill it and submit it to the officials at the bank. Within an interval of two weeks, you will receive the internet kit on your address which will have the username and password required for internet banking. This is what the internet kit looks like:
- If you have your mobile number linked with your bank account, the need for the internet kit is eliminated as you will get the online SBI banking username and password on the registered mobile number. In order to do this, head to the official SBI website and register as a new user for online SBI banking. You will then be required to fill in the details. Once the details are confirmed, you will be sent the username and password on your mobile number.
- Once you receive the username and password, wait 24 hours for it to activate and then head to the website. Click on the login button there and enter your username and password.
Once you have successfully logged in to your online banking account for the first time, it is strongly suggested you change the username and password to one that is easy to remember. Not that the username can be changed just once so choose wisely.
Once you log in, a window asking you to change your password will automatically appear. Here you have to change your password. Not that you will also have to set a profile password other than the login password. So be sure to have two memorable passwords in mind.
How to use SBI Net banking?
After you have successfully logged in and changed the password to your SBI online personal banking account, you can perform a number of tasks without having to actually go to the bank. These include SBI online balance inquiry, SBI online balance checking, online SBI account balance inquiry, online SBI account funds transfer and more.
What to do when you forgot SBI net banking password?
In you ever lose or forget the password to your online SBI banking account, there’s no need to panic. Just click on the “forgot password” option next to where you fill in your login credentials and you will be guided to this page.
Then you have to fill in the required information and your password will be reset using your registered mobile number.
So this was our tutorial on SBI net banking online registration. You can also head to this link to get a video tutorial on the same procedure from SBI itself. We hope the tutorial proved useful to you. Comment with any problems you faced and stay tuned for more updates.
How to add a beneficiary in SBI Net banking for sending payment?
If you want to transfer the payment to anyone, then it’s required to add a beneficiary. Once the beneficiary is approved you will be able to make payments to your their accounts. Let me now explain how to add a beneficiary in SBI internet banking.
- Login into onlinesbi.com
- Once logged in, go to this link.
- You will be prompted to enter profile password as you find in below image.
- Note: This profile password is different from login password.
- On the next window add the details about the beneficiary (refer below image).
- After entering all the details carefully, accept the T&C. Finally, submit it.
- Your beneficiary request will be verified and approved in approximately 4 hours.
- You will also receive the message regarding the approval of beneficiary in the registered mobile number.
How to make IMPS fund transfer to other bank accounts with SBI net banking?
- Login to onlinesbi.com
- Select Payments / Transfers tab and select Inter-Bank Beneficiary.
- Next select IMPS option button and proceed to next step.
- On the next step, you will be prompted with two options. a) Person to account b) Person to person. If you know the IFSC code then select person to account or if you know the MMID number then choose person to person.
- Now a pop-up window will appear. Just click OK.
- In the new window, enter the amount. Under the drop down box select the purpose of sending money.
- Then carefully select the account to which the payment is to be sent.
- Finally select Submit to make the transaction successful.
in the last step, you will get the OTP on your mobile phone to confirm the transfer, do it and the transfer will be made.
Hope you enjoyed this post and learned to use SBI Net banking. If you get any question do ask in the comments. Thanks.