Windows Firewall is one of the most used operating systems in Windows. the Windows Internet Connection Firewall operates on most of the Windows XP computers where the feature is disabled by default. It is equipped with some of the useful features which not only help in protecting your computer from malicious activities or other unwanted issues but it can also block the program from using the internet. Additionally, a few Firewall settings can even block your internet connection and you may not be able able to use the internet even if you want to. Now if you are one who is asking himself or herself that how do I stop firewalls from blocking my internet? Then you have landed in the right place as this block will cover all those things which you are searching for.
How do I stop a Firewall from blocking my internet?
The Windows Firewall not always block or stop all the programs from accessing the internet. But it can give rise to some issues in some specific programs which it thinks that there are some security issues which you may face in your system in the future and this is the reason it blocks you from accessing the internet. How to stop the Firewall from blocking the internet? Or how did you find that the security or firewall settings might be blocking the internet connection?
It’s very simple and quite easy to detect. Already mentioned why the Firewall blocks the internet earlier. But there sometimes when the user feels frustrated when they see that both the inbound and outbound traffic is getting blocked. This will immediately provide a negative impact on the user who is not allowed to access the program through the internet. If you use the Windows Network Diagnostics Troubleshooter for Firewall Troubleshooting you will see that it will display a message. The message shows, “the Windows Firewall is preventing connections to your computer, the Windows Firewall rule HSS DNS leak rule may be blocking your connection.”
How to stop the Firewall from blocking the internet?
Now we are going to answer how do I stop firewall from blocking my internet? First, you have to check if your Firewall is protecting the internet connection on your computer. A Firewall troubleshooter will do the same. You can even check the same through Windows Network Diagnostic Troubleshooter. If there is a problem with security or a Firewall that is blocking the internet connection you will receive an error message showing. The error message states, “Windows Firewall is preventing connections to your computer, the Windows Firewall rule HSS DNS leak rule may be blocking your connection.”
So it can be a big problem if you are evenly using your computer through the internet to manage your office activities. So to help you in solving this problem we have come up with a useful solution on how to stop a Firewall from blocking the internet.
Method 1: Allowing a feature through the Windows Firewall
There can be some situations where you can only access a few applications through the internet on your device. For this, you should enable only those particular applications to operate through the firewall. Following are the steps which you need to follow to do the same:
- Firstly you need to launch the Windows Defender Security Center.
- On your Windows 10, this setting is named as the security dashboard.
- Next right-click on the Windows firewall option and tap on the security dashboard option.
- Once you click donate it will redirect you to the screen where you can find that protection that is provided to your Windows operating system.
- The above-shown pictures will be the security dashboard that will provide you and access to all the security features offered to you.
This particular section includes multiple features as well as an option. This will take you through some of the best features in the Windows firewall ecosystem.
- First, choose the option Firewall and Network Protection tab situated on the left side off the screen.
- Now select the option showing Allow an app through the firewall situated on the right side.
- We will see that the dialogue box is coming up where you need to click on the Change Settings option. Apps connection can also be preview which configures to work with the help of the firewall.
- Next, you need to proceed to change the settings. Not only this but you also have to access the administrator to get the privilege to change the setting.
- Now change all the options and allow or disallow the app according to your need.
- You can also at an additional app that is not even present in the list. You can do it by clicking on the Add an App option.
- Also, you can choose the option from either the public network or the private network. However, it depends on your preferences.
- But make sure that you have selected the right option if you are having a question on your mind how do I stop a Firewall from blocking my internet.
Method 2- Unchecking HSS DNS leak rule in both public and private
If you are having a doubt on how to stop a Firewall from blocking the internet? Or you are asking the question yourself on how do I stop a Firewall from blocking my internet? Then you can even follow this method. Then let us tell you that the interface which you will be using in the second option is the same as we have used in the first option. But there are some changes which we have mentioned below:
- Firstly select the option showing Allow an app through Firewall as mentioned in the first method.
- Click on change settings option.
- Now you need to scroll down among the list of all the apps.
- From the list find the option showing the HSS DNS leak rule.
- You need to uncheck this option both for private and public.
- once you have a check date save the setting by clicking on OK. This will easily solve all your issues if you are having doubts about security or Firewall settings might be blocking the connection.
So these were two methods which you can follow if you are facing a problem and asking yourself how do I stop a Firewall from blocking my internet? These tips methods and the guides which have listed above are tried and tested and solely based on the requirement. To follow this method you need to ensure that it is the fire one which is blocking on internet connection. We hope this blog post was useful to you. Have you ever face the same problem? How did you solve it? Let us know in the comments section below.