Snapchat is undoubtedly one of the most popular apps for iPhone and Android users. Many users have used the app to share beautiful moments with other users, engage in conversations, and generally have the opportunity to explore one of the latest messaging apps.
However, you may sometimes have to deal with Snapchat keeps crashing on Android or freezing while in use without a clue about what triggered the crashing. At some other times, this message may have come too often and make you dread launching the app on your Android phone: “Unfortunately, Snapchat has stopped.” How can you fix the disturbing issue if Snapchat keeps crashing? I will share some potential solutions with you to enable you to fix this issue on your Android phone:
Clear the app cache
When Snapchat keeps crashing on Android, clearing the app cache has repeatedly been the lifesaver for many people. It has helped them get out of touch situations such as a crashing Snapchat. This is how to go about it:
- Switch on the phone.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on the Applications/Applications Manager.
- Scroll down until you locate Snapchat.
- Tap on the app to open it and have access to its Settings.
- Click “Clear Data and Cache.”
- Restart the device when you are through.
Clearing the cache gets rid of potential information that may explain why Snapchat keeps crashing. When you are through with clearing the cache, launch the app again and see if the problem persists or if the app is working perfectly.
Also Read: How to Fix “Tinder Login Failed” Issue?
Make sure the app is up to date
Another factor that makes Snapchat keeps crashing on Android at will is using an outdated version of the app. Thus, it is crucial to the elimination of this frustrating problem if you endeavour to use the latest version of the app. Here is how to go about it:
- Open the Play Store app.
- There are three horizontal lines at the top right-hand side, tap on the three lines. This will open the menu.
- When the menu has been opened, find the Snapchat app.
- Then tap “Update.” That will automatically launch the updating process if there is an update.
When the updating is complete, you have the latest version of the Snapchat app. That may help you get rid of the problem as well.
If you can’t find the Update option, then, you have the latest version of the app on your device. That may require taking another step to ensure that all the needed features are active. You must enable some extra features that are not usually enabled by default so that Snapchat keeps crashing error will be addressed promptly. This is how to enable these features:
- Open the Snapchat by tapping the Snapchat icon on the home screen.
- Tap the Settings option on the upper-right hand of your Snapchat profile.
- Check the “Additional Services” option and tap “Manage.”
- This will give you a list of additional features. Check the relevant boxes to enable these extra functions such as Friend Emojis and Front-Facing Flash.
Switch to mobile data
Many times, Snapchat keeps crashing on Android due to a poor Internet connection while using Wi-Fi. A solution to this problem is obviously switching to another connection option aside from Wi-Fi. It is recommended that you switch to your mobile data if you keep having this issue. These few steps will help you do the switching:
- Go to Settings.
- Choose the “Cellular” option.
- When the page is opened, scroll down until you find the Wi-Fi slider.
- Tap the slider to switch the Wi-Fi off and then switch to mobile data for a smooth connection.
Delete and reinstall the app
In most cases, either of the solutions outlined above will fix the crashing problem. However, if you can’t get around the problem after trying every one of them, it is advisable that you delete the app and then reinstall it if Snapchat keeps crashing regardless of whatever efforts you put at fixing the problem. To delete the app, you can choose one of the methods discussed below:
- Method 1: Check the Snapchat icon on your device’s Home Screen. Tap the icon and hold it. There is an “Uninstall” file on the screen, drag the icon to the field.
- Method 2: Go to Settings. Tap the App Manager to reveal all the apps on your phone. Find Snapchat from the list and tap it. Click “Uninstall.”
Either of the two methods discussed above will uninstall the app. After you have successfully uninstalled the app, then, reinstall it.
To install the app again,
- Open Play Store.
- Type “Snapchat” in the “Search” box.
- When you see the app, download it again.
This will help you solve the Snapchat keeps crashing on Android issue.
Seek Snapchat’s support
These are practical solutions that will help you fix the problem and enjoying using your app freely without the issue of crashing. However, if you still can’t get around the problem after doing everything humanly possible, it is high time you sought the assistance of Snapchat itself. Report to the company that Snapchat keeps crashing on Android and let them help you out.
- Visit Snapchat’s official website.
- Click on Support.
- Select the “My Snapchat is not working” option.
- Finally, select “Snapchat crashing.”
Reset your phone
This should be the last resort when everything else has failed, and Snapchat keeps crashing on your Android phone. Resetting your phone will wipe off all your personal files and take your phone back to its factory settings. Therefore, you shouldn’t do this unless it becomes extremely important you do so. A tip: back up your data and files before you reset your phone. Remember to also disable Factory Reset Protection before resetting your phone to prevent being locked out.
- Open the device’s settings.
- Click System and then choose Reset. You may enter your PIN or password if there is the need.
- Tap Factory data reset and then click Reset phone.
- Tap Erase everything to clear your device completely.
- Select the Restart option when the device has been cleaned.
- Set up the device.
- Restore your data from back up.
If this option is not available, try doing this with the power and volume buttons option. Check your device’s instruction manual or the manufacturer’s website for step-by-step instruction on how to do that.
These simple techniques will help you overcome the challenge if Snapchat keeps crashing on your phone.