With the advent in technology, one of the many things it has provided us with is the ability to communicate easily. First we had the radio followed by telephones and the latest major inventions that help us communicate easily are mobile phones. Smartphones served as the icing on the cake, letting you not just call but instant message your friends and family. However with the increasing number of smartphone users, the number of apps that let you message instantly are also increasing. Now WhatsApp might be the most popular instant messenger available for smartphones, but there are whole lot other messengers that can help you message your dear ones and much more. One such hugely popular instant messenger is Hike.
Hike being one of the most popular messengers has got a download count of 50 million and rated 4.3 in the Google play store. Hike Messenger is updated regularly with many new features and for all those of you using Hike instant messenger out there, we have compiled a list of tips and tricks that will let you do much more than just messaging on the Hike Messenger app.
LIST OF LATEST FEATURES IN THE HIKE MESSENGER
- Bit sized news
- Photo filters & doodles
- Share files offline without the internet
- Personal assistant (Natasha)
- Protect your chat with inbuilt pattern lock
- Stickey for all messaging apps
- Free SMS
#Get the latest news directly on Hike’s bit sized news
If having a dedicated news app on your phone for your daily dose of the happenings around the globe sounds too much work for you, Hike is just the right messenger app for you. You can choose to get news updates as messages in a conversation from Hike on your smartphone. Follow these simple steps to enable News on Hike:
- Launch Hike.
- Press the three white button on the top right corner.
- Tap on the “Rewards/Extras” option.
- Click on the “News on Hike” option.
- Next click on the “Get it now!” option and you’re done. Hike will begin sending news updates to you as messages.
#Save money on online shopping with the all new hike coupons
If your online shopping and eating habits are burning a hole in your pocket, Hike has come to your rescue. With the Coupons feature, Hike will update you with various coupon codes that will help you save money not only while shopping online but also while eating at popular places in your city. All you have to do is:
- Launch Hike and click the three white buttons on the top right corner.
- Click on the “Rewards/Extras” option.
- Head to the “Free Coupons” option and a list of popular coupons will be displayed on your screen.
- You can head to the “Restaurant” menu to get coupons for a restaurant in your area. Choose your region by clicking on the location open in the top right corner.
- On the extreme right is the “Shopping” menu that will display coupons that will help you save money while shopping online.
SOME OF THE BIGGEST E-COMMERCE PARTNERS OF HIKE MESSENGER:
Amazon, Uber, Askmebazaar, Ebay, Shopclues, Peter England, Fabhotels, Getmecab, Lenskart, Myntra, Goibibo, Zomato, Printvenue, Zoom cars, Postergully, Zoomin, Shopnineteen, India circus, Dominos, Mast kalandar, etc.
#Edit images with the Hike’s new Photo Filters & Doodles feature
Photo sharing is a very common and essential feature in instant messengers these days. However, most instant messengers allow you just to send the picture as it is. Hike on the other side lets you edit your pictures before you send them to someone. Here’s how to edit a photo before sending it:
- Open the contact’s chat you want to send the picture to.
- Click on the paper clip symbol in the top right corner of the chat window.
- Choose the gallery option to select a picture from the gallery or the camera option to click a photo.
- After you select or click the photo, you can then apply filters and draw or doodle on the photo. The thickness of the brush for drawing can also be changed using the “-“ & “+” buttons.
How to share Files Without The Internet with the Hike Messenger
Not many messengers let you send files like messages and media files, but Hike has that option. Not only can you send files over the messenger using an internet connection, but you can also share files without an internet connection. Here’s how:
- Click on the three white buttons in the top right corner in Hike.
- From the menu that appears, click on “Hike Direct”.
- You will then be asked to choose the contact you want to send the file to. Note that the contact you choose to share file without the internet should be within a distance of 100 metres.
- The other person will then get the files you choose to share.
Let’s Chat with Natasha – The personal assistant
Personal assistants can sure make your life easier, and when you have one in your phone, you can only but imagine the benefits. Hike provides you with a virtual personal assistant that lets you access many features. Here’s how you can get Natasha, the virtual personal assistant in Hike to your service:
- Launch Hike and click on the three white buttons in the top right corner.
- Click on the “Rewards/Extras” option and then proceed to tap on “Natasha on Hike”.
- You will then see a picture of “Natasha” with a “Hi Natasha” button below it. Tap on the button.
- You will soon get a message from Natasha listing all the services she can provide you with. These include:
#wordrush: Play word rush and improve your English skills.
#quiz: Play a quiz about Bollywood, GK, Cricket and many more topics.
#coupons: Another way to get some amazing discount coupons.
#weather PLACE: Get the weather updates for any place.
#fakecall: Get a fake call to sneak out of any awkward situations.
#quote: Get awesome quotes when you want them.
#more: Many more services like #movie NAME- movie details and timings, #wiki Name- Wikipedia search, #fact- some mind-boggling facts, #dict WORD- see the meaning for any word, #book NAME- the details for any book and much more.
Protect Your Chats with the Hike’s new pattern lock feature
If you have people around you who you don’t want peeping into your chats, an app lock is a viable option to lock the messenger apps. However with Hike, you don’t need to do that. You can put a lock on particular chats. Here’s how:
- Press and hold the chat you want to hide.
- Then choose the “Hide Chat” option from the menu that appears.
- You will then be asked to set a PIN or a pattern to hide your chat.
- Once the chat is hidden, you can click on the Hi symbol in the top left corner of the Hike app.
How to send hike Stickey in WhatsApp & other messengers?
For those of you who don’t know, Stickey is Hike’s sticker store that not only works in Hike but also in other messengers and anywhere you type. You can access Stickey in other apps too. Here’s how:
- Launch Hike and head to “Settings” by clicking the three white buttons in the top right corner.
- In Settings, scroll down and click on Stickey.
- You will then be asked to slide the slider to allow Stickey to appear in all apps. You can also select particular apps you want Stickey to appear in.
- This is how the hike sticker option appears in the WhatsApp
One can send up to 5 hike stickers per day in WhatsApp.
Instant messaging sure has taken over as the leading means on conversing, but SMS are always here for us to rely on when we have poor internet connectivity. To add to the convenience, Hike lets you send a total of 69 free SMS to any contact on your phone. Not only that, the more you use Hike, more free messages you get.
I think I have shared a lot of stuff that you can try on Hike Messenger.