Women spend most of their time checking out men’s profiles on Tinder which are often loaded with typo and slang-laden Bio and mirror selfies.
Some guys are lucky enough with a good profile, to can earn a right swipe. On the other side, most men end up disrupting their opportunity to meet their matches in person by sending boring messages like “Hi, how are you”, something vulgar, or even some kind of cliché.
Tinder might be the complex process of finding the rare opportunity to meet up. But it is still a most popular app as it is a most common way to meet local women. Here, we will discuss the secrets to stand out on Tinder and avoid making common mistakes.
Image credit: Pixabay
Here’s what most successful guys on Tinder do to get the perfect matches:
How to Get More Likes on Tinder?
Decide What You Want
First of all, you should know what you are looking for. If you are just swiping people right or left for no reason, you may not get anything. Be honest to yourself and find out what you want before even signing up.
Are you looking for true love? Do you want to take a beautiful girl on a date? Are you just looking for new friends? Do you want just casual encounters? Are you ready for all such possibilities? So, you should know what you want before you start accepting, rejecting and interacting with new people.
You should put your best photo in this dating app. This is because people are going to see your profile picture for the first time when they click on your profile. Choose a profile picture which represents you the best. You can be perceived very friendly with a smiling face.
Keep in mind that shirtless gym photos and naked mirror selfies are a huge “Turn-Off”. After all, you are here to meet new people.
Your Profile Text Also Matters
Even though Tinder is basically a photo-based dating app, you shouldn’t miss a change to attract her with your bio.
It’s obvious that most women don’t read your profile before swiping but some women still want to decide whether to choose you or not. Keep in mind that your matches will be reading it virtually when you send a message to them. So, you have to set an engaging, witty profile.
When compared to mainstream dating sites, writing profile is a bit different on Tinder. You can go bold with lot more over-the-top, funny profile texts.
How to Start a Conversation on Tinder?
Tinder is not about formal “Hi”, “Hello”, “How are you” etc. Women usually get millions of “Hi’s “every day. Do something creative. Longer messages outperform shorter and formal ones. If she loves traveling, ask about her dream destination. If she loves cricket, ask her about her favorite player.
- Show her that you are interested inher instead of looking needy.
- While starting a conversation, explain how she will have amazing time while hanging out with you.
- Remember best lines lead to emotional responses.
- Try a few of the following lines and choose what works best for you:
- Loved your smile! Seems you like surprises.
- Hey! Any plans this afternoon? Great pics! Especially the one at the coffee shop.
- She may ask what you do for living. Get an answer ready in advance.
- “Starting out with a new venture soon” is better than “Jobless and don’t know what to do next”.
How to Get More Matches on Tinder?
Choosing the Best Pictures
Your profile pictures can make or break impression when it comes to find matches. If your profile pic is terrible, girls won’t get inspired to know more about you.
Girls swipe much faster than guys. In big cities, beautiful girls have lots of matches and they mostly don’t view second pics if first one is not attractive. So, your first pic should show your face, with a friendly smile and no sunglasses.
Add a second picture which includes your posture. You may show yourself hanging out with friends where girls can see your stature.
Third picture should include your hobby. Display your favorite sports, interests, or lifestyle. Women like passionate men.
Don’t Leave your Bio Empty
Tinder is not about being mysterious, especially if you want to meet people in person. If you know something interesting or have cool job, discuss in your Bio. Be something funny or witty to get a conversion going. Keep in mind that women decide within just few seconds. Don’t use clichés. Around 99% of world population is passionate about music or food. So, you need to find something unique for your bio.
Top 5 Dating Apps like Tinder
- Coffee meets Bagel – The apps brings “Bagel” everyday, based on your location, likes and common interests. The bagel or your match will not be someone who has mutual friends. The app suggests actual meet-ups and ice-breaker questions when a match likes you back.
- Happn – It is a very unique dating app with which you can discover people around you. You can also find out how many times you have crossed paths with your match.
- OkCupid – It is yet another popular dating app like Tinder which also includes swipe features. You can enter a lot of details to ensure getting the perfect matches. You can filter your searches on appearance and hobbies and switch to incognito mode.
- Skout – This app lets you view people who have Favorited you and checked you out. In Premium version, you can remove ads and jump to the top of other users’ chats.
- Hot or Not – You can send messages to virtually everyone. It shows other users about how popular you are in your area and among your visitors, along with amazing badges, like “Most friendly”, “most liked” etc.
Tinder is undoubtedly the best app for dating as it is primarily about photos. All you need attractive photos and an epic bio that can really help you find more matches.